Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sad news for The Stone's

This week we've received some sad news...

1. Our dossier is stilllllllll at the Consulate.
2. Once our dossier leaves the consulate, we will have at least a 6 month wait until we travel. (According to our agency)
3. There are some in-country delays re: Kaz passports right now, so our agency is recommending 2 trips instead of one.


It looks as though we won't have her by Christmas, which I was really hoping for. I'm trying really hard to stop setting expectations for the rest of this process, since I keep getting let down. It's just so hard for me, I am such a planner - I can't help it.

How will we ever be able to go to Kazakhstan, find our child, bond with her and then come home without her for 3 weeks? Will I be strong enough?

Too many emotions for now. Maybe I will be able to write more on it later this week.

--Cortney

5 Comments:

At June 11, 2008 at 5:09 PM , Blogger Suzette & Tate said...

Hang in there. :)

 
At June 11, 2008 at 6:13 PM , Blogger dnd82001 said...

I'm so sorry........try and believe that it will happen when it is supposed to happen - that is all I keep reading from everyone & anyone so try and hold on to that thought - know that the perfect little one will be with you when the time is right......

Darlene

 
At June 11, 2008 at 10:17 PM , Blogger KazAdventurers said...

I'm sorry to hear about your timeline changing and things moving slowly...I am a planner, too, and I know how that is. Hopefully things will move more quickly for you than expected. I do believe things will work out in time and it will be wonderful!

Lisa
kazadventure.wordpress.com

 
At June 14, 2008 at 6:15 PM , Blogger Tracy said...

Keep your chin up. You know this is always ever changing, though I so understand about planning. I am a control freak too... very hard. I am learning a lot with all of this waiting. We will all make it to our children.

Tracy

 
At June 29, 2008 at 9:13 AM , Blogger Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

Yeah a fellow Texan is adopting! We are from Huntsville and finished our LONG journey to get our wonderful son from Kaz. Hang in there, because you never know what can happen. They tell you short time it's long and long time sometimes it's short. Take a look at our blog www.berikjames.blogsot.com if you would like. If you need something contact us by leaving a comment. Good luck and on believing as it will happen! Gena Lloyd

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home