Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hard News

Family & Friends,

We were informed yesterday by our agency that they are going to shut down the adoption program in Kazakhstan. We are beyond heartbroken and in disbelief. Next month will be three years since we started this journey. We were very close to going and our agency anticipated us traveling to Kaz this spring. Our agency has been experiencing some problems with recent adoptions and don’t want to send over any more families until they are able to work out the issues with the government and adoption authorities over there.
We are now uncertain what the future holds for us and what path we should start pursuing next. We have many options in front of us and many other programs to choose from. We could switch over to another International program or start looking into our Domestic options. We will meet with our agency in the next few days to go over all the options. As always, we will keep you posted as we know more.


-D&C

I am absolutely devastated. Dustin and I have worked so hard and sacrificed so much in the last 3 years. We have amazed each other with our patience and perseverance and although it is unclear why we’ve had to go through this, I hope that someday I am able to understand. Going through the adoption process isn’t for the weak of heart...it’s tough. It’s emotionally draining and the absolute hardest thing that I’ve ever had to go through. The C in Cortney stands for “Control Freak” and not being in control of all the emotions and things that are going on right now is beyond excruciating. My heart aches and is just broken. We're going to get through this...one step at a time...


Thank you all for your care and support, it really means so much to us.
-Cort

10 Comments:

At March 3, 2010 at 2:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Cort I am so sorry to hear this is happening to you and other families. I hope something works out for you and Dustin.
Courtney

 
At March 3, 2010 at 2:53 PM , Blogger Goodies for Mom said...

I'm so very sorry.

Lois
Making Our Family Complete

 
At March 3, 2010 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Twila said...

Court,

I am so sorry you and Dustin are going through this. In the end everything God has planned for your family will come...I know it. I don't know if this is anything of value to you but so many people have gone to Haiti after this devestation and people are just handing their children over to Americans in a hope for a better life for their children. The adoption opportunities there I believe are going to be so huge. The need their is great.

I hope you find some encouragment and strength meeting with your adoption worker next week.

Love you.

 
At March 3, 2010 at 3:16 PM , Blogger Suzette & Tate said...

I am so sorry for the news you have posted today. My heart goes out to you and I can't even imagine the hurt you are feeling right now.

 
At March 3, 2010 at 3:49 PM , Blogger Baby Kaz Moore said...

Hi, I've been following your blog for quite some time. I'm so srry to hear this news. Early on I was with Edna Gladney but moved to another agency. Amy Curtis did my first home study. If I can be of help, please let me know. I live in Austin. Susan smooretexan@gmail.com

 
At March 3, 2010 at 8:44 PM , Blogger Becki Stone said...

You might be able to pick up where you are right now- we almost had to- email me and I'll give you more info.
beckistone@ncwcom.com

 
At March 3, 2010 at 11:17 PM , Blogger Lou Ann said...

I too am sorry for what your agency has put you through but I've helped a couple of people switch to a different agency with very little time lost for that change. Feel free to email me at louannquast@yahoo.com

Don't give up on Kaz just because of your agency!

Lou Ann mom to my beautiful Kaz princess Lexie

www.louannsadoption.blogspot.com

 
At March 4, 2010 at 4:34 AM , Blogger dnd82001 said...

I am so sorry for you & sees that you have a few prospects to look into and I know in my heart things happen for a reason and that your family will come about and life will be good and your patience and pain will help find the way.

Darlene

 
At March 4, 2010 at 7:02 AM , Blogger Allison said...

I'm so, so sorry. My heart is breaking for you :( I'll be praying that you will find the option that is best for your family and one that brings your child home very soon.

Allison

 
At March 4, 2010 at 9:20 PM , Blogger Julie said...

I rarely post, but have followed your blgo for a long time. I know of others who changed agencies when their agency had trouble with their Kaz program and traveled fairly quickly. Contact other agencies that work in Kaz and see if they can help.
Julie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home