Monday, April 27, 2009

Update

Hey everyone! No bigs news to report, but wanted to keep you updated on what's happening. We have finished updating all of our paperwork that had expired and soon Kazahkstan will have a fresh, updated copy of everything! The update took a little longer than we thought with some hold-ups with our doctors and notaries! Now that our paperwork is updated, we really need to focus on learning Russian! April of 2007 is when we first started the adoption process and it has been 2 years this month! Crazy to think that it has been this long, but we keep telling ourselves that we must be getting close to the end!

This weekend we went to Target and started the Stone Family Pharmacy! We stocked up on all the meds we could possibly need while in Kaz for us and the little Stone!

Keep your fingers crossed for us and hopefully we will hear some news soon!

Love,
Cortney & Dustin

6 Comments:

At April 27, 2009 at 7:16 PM , Blogger Baby Kaz Moore said...

Sending you best wishes from Austin for a speedy and safe journey to bring home your little one. Susan smooretexan@gmail.com

PS I can't remember if I told you, but I was in Petro last year. It's a great baby house. I also assume you're in the Yahoo chat room--it's very helpful.

 
At May 6, 2009 at 7:50 PM , Blogger Chris and Heather said...

You sound so prepared! I look forward to following your journey. As far as learning Russian - if nothing else knowing the alphabet is a big help so you can sound out signs and packaging.

 
At May 10, 2009 at 2:41 PM , Blogger McElroy's said...

Hang in there. It took us over two years with plenty of ups and downs but we finaly made it to Kazakhstan. We are currently in Petropavlovsk going through our bonding period with our baby girl. I too have a blog but decided to keep ours private until after the adoption is final in just a few weeks. If you are interested in chatting, email me at don.mcelroy@nii.com

 
At May 12, 2009 at 4:37 AM , Blogger ethan said...

Hi,
I just found your blog and saw that you will be going to Petro. I just finished a nine week stay in Petro (leave for home from Almaty tomorrow), but I wanted to tell you Petro is worth the wait. The babies are so well cared for in the baby house. Best of luck!
Mary Collier
marycollier930@msn.com

 
At May 23, 2009 at 10:42 PM , Blogger Rebekah said...

Hi Cortney,

See, I found your blog :) It's been very interesting reading through all of your journey so far... I'll say this - your baby will know how much she/he is loved because of all the effort and heart you have put into getting her/him home!

It was good to see you tonight at the bbq... I'm going to put you in my blog list so I can keep up with you :)

 
At June 2, 2009 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Matthew Ruley said...

Oh my goodnews you have been waiting for so long. Thinking about you guys!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home