Thursday, April 1, 2010

Life in KZ update

So far, we've been eating minimal meals of noodles and yogurt at our apartment but today was our first trip to a restaurant.  We can't tell you how nice it was to eat meat and fruit/veggies!  We need to get out more often, but the only apartment available is on the outside of town, not near any restaurants.  There is a small market with limited items.  After lunch today we went to the market in town and were able to stock up on real food!  We even picked up a rotisserie chicken for dinner tonight!  The best part of all was that I was finally able to get a hair dryer!! 
On April 7th, an apartment will open up in the center of town that will be so much easier for us!  We will be able to walk to all the shopping, restaurants, etc.  We are kind of isoloated now...

We've taken some videos that we'd love to post, but we only have access to dial-up internet for now!  Hopefully we will be in a better spot in about a week.

PS - I did bring some high-heeled boots and am so glad that I did.  A - Every other women wears them.  B - They really make walking in the snow easier, like an ice pick!

3 Comments:

At April 1, 2010 at 9:14 AM , Anonymous Christen Patterson said...

You are a trip Cort!!! That's why I love ya!!! Been thinking about you guys constantly. Thanks for keeping us updated!!!

 
At April 1, 2010 at 4:58 PM , Blogger Stacey, Dave and Rylan said...

Our son was adopted from Uralsk Kaz in March 2008. We too, turned down the first child we were matched with (as it appears many others have also done). At the time, I had not heard of that, and felt very terrible for possibly being unrealistic, since our coordinator and the baby house director were telling me I was wrong to expect an instant bond. But against their advice (and after being told to go back to Canada because we obviously weren't ready to adopt), we stuck it out, and waited to be shown another child. Well, 3 days later they showed us the most beautiful baby in the world, and yes - I did feel an instant connection. It was still a scary decision, because the medical history sounded so awful (and didn't make sense to me, having a medical background). But we followed our instincts, and now have a perfectly healthy, smart, wonderful 2 1/2 year old son.
I guess what I'm trying to say is trust your instincts. You'll know when the child they show you is the one that is meant to be your child. You are not alone in any of the fears and frustrations you may be having. Hang in there - I'm sure you'll get your happy ending soon!!
Stacey

 
At April 3, 2010 at 12:22 PM , Blogger minime0910 said...

I agree with Stacey and Dave. I really do think when it comes to adoption, just like when picking a spouse "you know when you know." Following your hearts and your head is the best advice anyone ever gave me. Good luck to the 2 of you, I hope you find your little one soon!! ~Erin

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home