Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday

It’s official…I’ve been told that I don’t look American right away and look Russian twice now, by 2 different people. I know this doesn’t sound like much of a compliment, but it does to me!! When we moved to Germany when I was younger, this is always something that I worked at. There are constantly those Americans that travel with such an American look and stick out like a sore thumb. You know the type, American Flag jacket, blue jeans, white sneakers, huge camera around your neck! I was so worried that I would stick out here and am glad that we somewhat blend in; at least at first glance!


Once again, Dustin and I are the youngest couple that our translator has worked with. Our coordinator also told me that she rarely sees Americans come here to adopt and wear heels. People are always telling her that they aren’t practical! So glad I brought the boots and will probably buy another pair here!

Finally found a flat iron for my hair yesterday. It’s no CHI, but it somewhat straightens and that is all I can ask for at this point!

Being here in Kazakhstan has really made us so thankful for what we have back in Texas! We miss our house, our cars, our family, our friends, our jobs, our dryer and of course, Sadie, so much!!!

2 Comments:

At April 10, 2010 at 9:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will make note to pack my heels :-) Also, I was just worried about my flat iron and how I will do my hair in Kaz.. I was talking to my hairdresser last week about it... Hopefully I can luck out and find one there!

So glad that things are working out and that Svetlana is there to help.....

Tracey

 
At April 10, 2010 at 2:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We wish you the best. Our thoughts are with you. John/Julia McCLelland

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home